When trying to launch your application from your web browser you may get prompted to save the .ica file and then be prompted on how to open this type of file. This is caused by either changing the association between the .ica file and Citrix or launching Design Manager before the receiver is downloaded and installed. Below is how to fix the issue on a Windows operating system.
How to fix:
- First, make sure you have the Citrix receiver installed. If you’re unsure where to download this, you can find it here
- Open “default programs” you can find this by simply searching for it within your start menu;
- Click on “associate a file type or protocol with a program”
- Find .ica on the list, highlight it and click change program, it will most likely not have the Citrix Connection Manager listed, so click browse
- The Citrix connection manager is named “wfcrun32.exe” and is typically found at this location; C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client
- Click open and it should set ica association to the Citrix connection manager.
- Next open up Internet Explorer and visit https://cloud.designmanager.com
- Locate and click the gear for the internet options and click compatibility view settings, designmanager.com should be listed, simply click OK.
- Next click the gear again and go to internet options, locate security and select trusted sites and add https://cloud.designmanager as a trusted site
- Choose the advanced tab within the internet options and scroll down until you see Security, locate “Do not save encrypted pages to disk” and check that box, click ok and restart Internet Explorer.