On a Windows PC the user clicks on the icon to launch the software, the launch.ica file downloads and nothing happens or the message Citrix receiver could not launch the published application
There are several possible solutions to this problem:
- Verify that the server address typed into the browser or into the Citrix Workspace has https:// in front of it for https://login.designmanaer.com Also make sure that the full server address is in the Internet Options, Security, Trusted Sites list in the browser if using Internet Explorer– for help click here.
- Learn how to Add the program to Compatibility view – click here.
- Verify that ActiveX Filtering is not turned off:
- Install the latest Citrix Workspace. Go to add/remove programs, make sure there are no Citrix or XenApp clients already installed, if so remove them. Go here to Download and Install the latest client.
- Check the file associations…right-click on the program icon, choose Save Target As, save the lauch.ica file to your desktop. Right-click on the file on your desktop, choose Open With, choose Citrix Client Engine, check the box “Always use this kind of program to open the file.”
- If 1, 2, or #3 above to not fix the problem, do the following…
- Uninstall all Citrix Clients under add/remove programs.
- Uninstall GoTo Meeting (if present) under add/remove programs.
- Reboot the computer