How to Setup a ptd.net email with Outlook 2010
Modified on: 2018-03-15 12:28:39 -0400
- Begin by opening up Outlook 2010. Once open the "Microsoft Outlook 2010 Startup" wizard will open. Click "Next" to continue.
- If the wizard does not appear, your email program may already be configured to send and receive email, please contact Technical Support at (800) 281-3564.
- The Microsoft Outlook "Account Configuration" dialogue box will now appear. Place a dot next to "Yes" and click "Next".
- Place a dot next to "Internet E-mail" and click "Next".
- In the box labeled "Your Name:", enter your name as you would like it to appear when people receive email from you.
- In the box labeled "E-mail Address:", enter your username followed by "@ptd.net" in all lower case letters.
- In the box labeled "Account Type:", choose "POP3" from the drop down box.
- In the box labeled "Incoming mail server:", enter "promail.ptd.net" in all lower case letters.
- In the box labeled "Outgoing mail server (SMTP):", enter "promail.ptd.net" in all lower case letters.
- In the box labeled "User Name:", enter the beginning part of your PenTeleData email address. This is every thing before the "@ptd.net".
- In the box labeled "Password:", enter the password that corresponds to your "User Name" entered above. When typing your password, only a series of "***" will appear for password confidentiality.
- Note: Usernames and passwords are case-sensitive. Please be certain that your capitalization is correct.
- When your screen resembles the window below, click on the "More Settings…" button.
- Click on the "Outgoing Server" tab on the top of this window.
- Place a check next to "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication", by clicking your mouse over the box one time with the left mouse button. Then click "OK".
- You will now be returned to the "Add New Account" window, click "Next" to continue.
- The "Test Account Settings" window will now appear. When it is competed click "Close".
- The "Add New Account" wizard has now been completed. Click "Finish" to close the wizard.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.