This error revolves around a Crystal Report issue with the Address field and a missing file on the computer.
Determine the Network configuration whether it is Terminal Services or if the software is run across the Network:
- Run the Design Manager 2000 setup by inserting the DM Install CD. Point the destination directory towards the current (active) copy of Design Manager. Do this for each computer affected.
- If that doesn?t resolve the issue, try to manually register the cruflfpa.dll.
Click on the Windows Start Button and select Run
Type the following command into the Run box:
(regsvr32 <software path) <click ok> Example: regsvr32 c:\dm2000\cruflfpa.dll <click Ok>
Prompt should appear saying that the file was registered successfully.
- If this is a Terminal Client for Design Manager 2000:
- First, start off by having all users exit Design Manager and create a backup.
- Insert the Design Manager install CD in to the Server computer.
- Click cancel or exit when the install wizard appears on the Server.
- Have the remote connect to the Server through the remote connection.
- Right click on the Design Manager icon on the Server desktop and select Properties. Write down the Target path to the software (example C:\shared\dm2000).
- Now open the My Computer icon on the Remote Desktop and run the Setup.exe that's on the CD.
- Follow the install wizard. At the point where it asks for the destination directory, point it to the path that was written down in Step #5.
- Complete the install wizard and test the software to see if the error has subsided.
This error could also revolve around an invalid character in a particular field. In the example below, the Account Name field was generating the error. The apostrophe had to be removed from the Account Name in order to resolve the error.