In order to install Active X components under Windows Ultimate the user must be elevated to the actual Administrator Account. This is a hidden account used to govern UAC.
* For Design Manager SE6, uninstall the non-working version under Control Panel, Programs and Features.
Put the Install CD back into your CD-Rom drive. Do not run the setup when it pops up.
Instead browse to the CD drive, and to the Setup Folder.
Right-click on the setup.exe file and choose Run as Administrator. Make sure that the program is installed for All Users when prompted.
* For Design Manager Pro 6.0, uninstall the non-working version under Control Panel, Programs and Features, DM Pro 6.0 Client (if the stand-alone setup was used, make a backup or a copy of the database, uninstall, restore backup after installing using instructions below)…
- Using the Install CD –
- If installing on the server for the first time or installing on a stand-alone for the first time, run the server setup.
- After the server setup completes or if a Design Manager directory already exists, go to the DMpro60 directory on the drive mapped to the server or the local directory on the stand-alone machine – go to Client – then right click on the setup.exe and choose “send to desktop” – making a shortcut on the desktop.
- Right-click on the new shortcut, choose Properties. Add /V”ALLUSERS=1” to the target (leave a space after the setup.exe).
- An example of a target could be:
- C:\dmpro60\client\setup.exe /V”ALLUSERS=1”
- Click OK to save the properties.
- Then Right-click on the shortcut and choose Run as Administrator.