This article only applies to the desktop versions of both Design Manager and Design Manager Professional
When you open Design Manager you get the error message -2147467259 "Cannot Open the Microsoft Jet Engine Workgroup Information file" or "Cannot Open Database" or a similar message.
- Run a virus scan on the Design Manager directory.
- Add Design Manager to your Anti-Virus - Exclusions and/or Trusted Applications.
- Run Design Manager.
- If the issue is still not fixed, continue to solution #2.
Solution #2 This only applies to users running Design Manager and also Kaspersky Anti-Virus/Kaspersky Internet Security.
Please Note: Anything you edit in your Anti-Virus settings is done at your own risk.
Although disabling the following Kaspersky feature will allow Design Manager to function properly, Design Manager is not responsible for any problems that may arise by disabling System Watcher.
This error can occur if you are running the Anti-Virus program Kaspersky with "System Watcher" enabled.
"System Watcher" can prevent your computer from reading database files. Reading database files is required by Design Manager. To fix this:
- Disable "System Watcher". To disable, see this site: https://support.kaspersky.com/us/8057#block2
- On your Desktop, find the file "system.mdb", if it exists, and delete it.
- In your Design Manager directory, find the file "system.mdb", if it exists, and delete it.
What is Kasperky "System Watcher"? ...
Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 System Watcher: Click here
Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 System Watcher: Click here
Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 System Watcher: Click here