Non-Admin users running Windows 7 or Vista may not see a network drive that they mapped when running the Design Manager Setup and changing the installation folder.
By design MS Windows does not allow a program to be installed to a drive that was not mapped by the Administrator Account.
There are two options to ensure Design Manager is set up correctly on a network.
- When entering the location of Design Manager on the server, instead of specifying path with a network drive letter, use the UNC path.
- Example: “G:\DmPro7\” may be changed to \\computername\DmPro7\
- If this does not work, you can try the following:
- Browse to the computer (my computer) and write down the UNC path next to the drive letter, i.e. \\computername\DmPro7
- Next, go to Start, Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt…right click on Command Prompt and choose “Run as Administrator.”
- At the command prompt type: net use Z: \\computername\DmPro7 (where Z: is the drive letter and \\computername\dm2011 is the share name you wrote down).