When exporting or e-mailing a proposal (or any report) as a .PDF file, the resulting file will not open with the Adobe reader, the pictures do not export properly, or the same picture repeats for each line item
This can occur when a newer version of Crystal Reports (version more recent than 8.5) has been loaded onto the computer. This is a documented bug in Crystal Reports version 9 and can occur with version 10 if the report engine had been installed without all of the appropriate service packs. This may also occur when an OEM version of Crystal Reports is installed such as the one shipped as part of the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
***Make sure a reliable back-up is obtained before attempting any procedure such as this! ***
First download the PDFPatch.ZIP file attached below.
Be sure that you have closed/exited the Design Manager program on your computer before continuing.
Place the contents of the ZIP file into 3 different areas:
- C:\Program Files\Seagate Software\Shared directory (overwriting files with the same name).
- C:\Windows\System32\ folder when working with a 32-bit operating system or in the case of 64-bit c:\Windows\SysWOW64\.
- C:\Windows\Crystal folder.
Re-boot the computer.
This should fix the problem; otherwise proceed to the instructions below…
Should the above solution fail…remove the newer version of Crystal Reports and the Design Manager Pro 6.0/7.0 Client and then re-install the Design Manager Pro 6.0/7.0 Client or reinstall SE6. Note: Removal of the newer Crystal Reports engine will cause whichever program that uses that engine not to function. The only other alternative is to contact the software vendor of the offending application and ask if they have the appropriate Crystal Service packs to install. Known offending applications are UPS On-line Office, Design 20/20, TimberLine, and there may be others.
The following is a list of Crystal Reports files to be removed:
- Delete the entire Crystal directory. This directory can be found under the Windows (or WINNT) directory.
- Delete the following files from the local computer (if they do not exist then skip). It is best to use search to find all occurrences.
U2*.dll (this is all files that begin with U2 and are .DLL files)
P2*.dll (this is all files that begin with P2 and are .DLL files)