After upgrading/installing Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) DM Cloud is not opening properly
Modified on: 2017-08-03 11:25:38 -0400
- Add the site https://online.designmanager.com or https://softwarehost.designmanager.com to the Trusted Sites. Go to TOOLS (a gear/wheel) – Internet Options – Security Tab – Click on Trusted Sites – then Sites. Uncheck the box for “require server verification.” Exit IE9 and open again, then try again.
- Under (tools) Internet Options - Security (internet) – Custom Levels - called “Launching Applications and Unsafe Files” set this Enabled. Under Settings (gear at top), choose safety, make sure ActiveX filtering is unchecked. Exit IE9 and open again, then try again. Once you have been able to log into DM Online and launch the application successfully – you can now go back and change this setting “Launching Applications and Unsafe Files” to Prompt or even reset the security settings. The application should continue to launch after changing it back.
- The above should fix the issue 9 out of 10 times but there is also a problem where this new setting gets stuck for applications that were loaded prior to IE9 being installed or while using the Beta version of IE9. To fix that…(Be sure that you do NOT go to the DMOnline website at all until the full process and re-install is completed)
- Close IE9. Uninstall the Citrix under add/remove programs.
- Open IE9 (do NOT go to the DM site), choose Tools (gear icon), Internet Options, Clear all Temp files and cookies, go to advanced tab, and click reset, clear all personal information as well. Exit IE9, restart the computer.
- After the computer boots up, go back to Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Reset one more time (Do NOT go to to the DM site or load the Citrix Client). Now exit IE9 again (all IE9 instances must be closed).
- Pick Start, type “regedit.” Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\Filter\application/x-ica, right-click and rename the key to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\Filter\application/x-old
- Go to www.Citrix.com, Click on Downloads, Client Center, Windows, download the latest client for Windows (Receiver), DO NOT RUN IT, save the file - go to where you saved it, right-click on the file and choose Run as administrator. After it installs, everything should work again properly.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.