Design Manager 2000
In order to clear out the Design Manager database and start with new empty database, you will need to delete the old database and then re-install the software. Uninstalling DM does not remove the database. This will require the Design Manager CD and can be done from any one computer that is using DM (it does NOT need to be done from every workstation). To accomplish this do the following:
- If you want to save the old data, run a back-up before you start this procedure. Make sure all users are out of DM before you perform the back-up.
- Right-click on the Design Manager 2000 icon to see where the software is stored. You want to see what directory is designated by the “Start In” setting. For our example we will call this N:\DM2000.
- Browse to N:\DM2000 and delete the file entitled DM.MDB
- Place the Design Manager 2000 CD into the CD drive and choose Install DM.
- During the installation you will be asked for the Destination Location, this will default to C:\DM2000. Using our example we will change this to N:\DM2000, which is where the program is located on your computer.
- The setup will copy a new dm.mdb into the directory; all other files will stay the same.
- Before entering data into the new DM, run a Live Update from the File Menu.