Making a back-up to your local computer from Design Manager On-line is very similar to making a normal back-up.
Here are the steps that you should follow:
- Click File
- Click Utilities
- Click Back-Up the Database
- A box will come up saying ?Running a Back-up will close Design Manager. Do you wish to continue?? Click Yes
- A new box will come up that looks like the screen shot below. You might have a list of your company?s network drives, but what you always want to select, if you want to make the back-up to your personal computer, is the option with the \Client\C$.
- Next you will have the folders that are on your local C: Drive appear in a list and?
- If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or a more recent operating system, you want to double click on Users.
- Then Under the Users folder you should find the name of your computer. Double click to open up the folders under your name. This is where you can select where to save your back-up to. For example: Desktop or Documents. Or you can even create a folder called DMBackups.
- If you are using an operating system that is older than Vista (i.e. Windows XP) you want double click on Documents and Settings.
- Then you want to double click on your name so your destinations will appear. Simply chose which place on your computer you would like to save the back-up to and click OK.