Entering a Project Overall Budget
Begin creating your budget by placing your overall project budget amount into the Budget field on the Project Window.
- Go to Projects and Specifications
- Highlight a current Project > Edit
- Or Add a new project
- Enter the Project Budget amount into the Budget field on the Project window
Edit or Add a new Location then enter the Location Budget into the Budget field on the Location window. Locations can be any category or label for a group of Items in Design Manager. For example, Master Bedroom, Living Room, Hotel Lobby, Design Time, etc.
If you want an even more detailed Budget, you can enter a budget amount per Item by using the Unit and Extended Budget fields.
- Unit Budget: Optional field for you to enter this Item's Unit Budget amount. If the Item has a quantity higher than 1, and you have a specific Budget per Unit, enter in the Unit Budget amount here; the Extended Budget will automatically calculate based on the Item Quantity.
- Extended Budget: Optional field for you to enter this Item's Extended Budget amount. If you have a specific Budget per Item (no matter how many units are needed), enter in the Total Item Budget amount here; the Unit Budget will automatically calculate based on the Item Quantity. Having an Extended Budget entered will automatically populate the Budget field on the Item Window - Pricing Info Tab.
Lastly, to print or email the budget to your Client, go to Reports-Project Management-Budget Report. The Budget Report is designed to show the client the overall project budget as well as the breakdown of the budget for Locations and Items. It is perfect for the beginning stages of a project before you create the Proposal.