Guidelines for printing 1099 and 1096 forms on your laser or ink jet printer:
- Make sure that you have the latest release of Design Manager. Forms may have changed since last year. You must have a currently supported release of Design Manager in order to print on the forms.
- To prevent wasting blank forms, test print the forms onto blank paper and review alignment before printing them for real. To make changes to the alignment (up or down), see the Trim Printer option under the Company Advanced Options Window - Print Tab.
- Make sure that you have the correct forms for your printer. Forms downloaded or that are mailed by the IRS are not for use in laser or ink jet printers. The proper forms can only be purchased in a 1099/1096 kit from an office store. The correct forms will have a strip down the side that says ?detach before mailing? this strip makes the paper fit into the paper bin of a laser print or ink jet and keeps the paper aligned.
- It is recommended that you run the Vendor History report to review the vendors and amounts that you have paid out.
- A Vendor MUST be set to receive a 1099. You will do this on the Vendor/Payee window ? Vendor Tab. Select the proper 1099 type in the drop down. Here, you may also enter the Vendor?s Employer Identification Number in the EIN field provided.