There are several reasons that a PO may not close automatically. The main ones are listed below.
- Check the Company, Advance Options, PO Tab. Check how the software is set to close POs. The options are ?Vendor Invoice,? ?Received, ? and ?Both.? Inventory POs always close when both are true. Note that changing this setting only affects future POs it does not change the PO history.
- Make sure that all components on PO are received or have a vendor invoice, if any component is not received or does not have an invoice against it will keep the entire PO open.
- Make sure that the received quantity is equal to the ordered quantity. If any components that have a quantity are not full received the entire PO will remain open. Make sure that the date is on components that do not have a quantity.
- Make sure that the paid for quantity is equal to the ordered quantity when the vendor invoice was entered. If any components that have a quantity are not fully paid for then the entire PO will remain open. The vendor invoice close action compares the ordered quantity to the paid for to determine whether the PO should be closed?for components without a quantity, make sure they have a vendor invoice date.
- POs can always be closed manually by checking the ?Close Manually? box on the PO Receiving/Status Window. Old POs from a Pro 5.0 data conversion may need to be closed manually.