If you plan on pricing your items based on a Fee of the cost, you can add a Fee percentage type.
This Fee type is generally used if you are acting as a Purchasing Agent for you client and are not billing them for the goods. The client is paying the vendor directly and you are billing a fee for your services.
1. Add or Edit an Item in the Project.
2. Choose the sign to Add a Component (cost/pricing information) or the to Edit an existing one.
3. Be sure that your % Type is set to Fee.
4. Enter the Fee %.
5. Enter your Unit Base Cost.
6. The Sell Price will automatically calculate based on the Unit Base Cost x the Fee %.
7. Choose OK.
You can set each of your Component Types to automatically be set to a Fee % Type, as well as enter a default Fee percentage amount. There is an overall Company setting for this; however, each Project can also have separate settings.