If you find your site unavailable, it may be caused by a server or network failure but is most often caused by an internet failure somewhere between your computer and the server. Running a traceroute will help you determine where the problem starts.
To run the traceroute from your Windows computer do the following
In WINDOWS XP and before:
1. Click on 'Start' and then 'Run'.
2. In the box type 'cmd' (without the quotes) and click OK.
Windows XP and Previous go to step 3.
For WINDOWS VISTA and WINDOWS 7
Click on Start icon and select All Programs > Accessories and then Command Prompt
3. At the command prompt that pops up in the black box type tracert domain.ext (replace domain.ext with your domain name and extension). It may take a few seconds but will give a traceroute from your computer to the destination you typed in.
4. To copy the results, right click on the window and choose 'Select All'. This will copy the contents to your clipboard and the box contents will turn white with black text.
5. Go to the document you want to put the results into, right click and choose paste (or ctrl V). Save this to share the results with your IT specialist and Design Manager Technical support.