There could be several reasons why printing from Design Manager Cloud may not be working properly; however, the steps below can help you to resolve the issues.
- Make sure the printer that you are trying to print to can print locally first. For example, bring up any other application that is installed on your computer, such as, Notepad or Word, and print a page to the printer you are having trouble with. If it does not print from another application, then the issue lies on the printer?s end and there is most likely something wrong with the connection from that printer to your computer. Once you have established that the printer can print locally, you can move on to step 2 below.
- Make sure the printer is listed in Design Manager as a printer option.
- Assuming steps 1 and 2 are successful, the next step would be to verify that you have the latest printer drivers installed for that device. You can find the latest print drivers on the printer?s manufacturer?s website. For example, HP, Canon, etc.
- Once the drivers are updated (if applicable), you may need to run the Citrix cleanup utility. ****This step is for PC users only, the utility can be found as a file attachment below. This will remove components, files, and registry values related to the receiver. Once the utility has been run and completes, it is crucial to reboot your machine. Once the reboot is completed, click here to install the latest Citrix receiver.
- If the above steps fail and printing is still not working correctly, it may be necessary to remove the device entirely from the machine and reinstall (using the latest drivers). Also, verify that you are running the latest Citrix receiver, if not, you can find the latest receivers here.
*Please note that while there are many printer devices supported within the Citrix environment; not all devices are compatible. Please verify that your device is compatible with Citrix. This information is typically found on the printer?s manufacturer?s website. A list of recommended printers can be found here.