CS1504 Consumer Scanner patch to allow the device to operate on Windows 8.1 & 10 OS's
If you are operating on a Windows 8 or 10 system and are using the CS1504 Consumer Scanner for Data Collection, the device will not upload its contents into the Design Manager Data Collection module. In Design Manager you will receive the message that the device is not found, or no data has been scanned. The manufacturer states that some of the devices' chips have reached their end of life and won't be supported under Windows 8 or higher.
The Device Manager will show an exclamation on the device and an error (Code 10) can be seen under the Device Status.
To make the device compatible on Windows 8 & 10 operating systems, see the steps below.
- It will be necessary to turn off Automatic Hardware Updates. To do this, open Control Panel, then select System Settings. Click Advanced System Settings. Choose the Hardware tab. Click Device Installation Settings. Select "NO"
- Plug the scanner into the computer.
- Download/save the file attached (at the bottom of this article) to the computer that the scanning device is attached to.
- Unzip/Extract the contents of the zip file.
- Right click on the ser2pl.inf file and select Install.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software (locate and install manually)
- Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Then choose Next.
- Select the Driver Model: 18.104.22.168 [9/24/2008] and choose Next.
- You may not see anything happen or experience any further screen prompts, but the system should have installed the driver.
- Go to your Device Manager under Ports and right click on the Prolific Scanning device. Select Update Driver Software.
- Once the update is complete, select Close.
- If you go back to your Device Manager, the exclamation point should now no longer be seen and the CS1504 scanner should now operate in the Design Manager Data Collection once again.